"Gang Leader for A Day"
Finis.
Reading it, made me depressed.
It was sad to know of the situation of the poor tenants in the public housing projects, but was still unable to do anything to help.
The events occurred over a duration of ten years ago; now the buildings were all demolished.
The gang life was interesting indeed, however, anything will of course, come at a price. It was certainly not a pretty scenery.
I bought the book, because it was exactly something that I had imagined myself doing.
Imagined myself doing fieldwork, carrying out research and collecting data from real life.
I am probably a little bit of a situationist.
But, how far can I really go? That is, should I be able to do my dissertation in university one day.
Towards the end of the book, legal issues arose while conducting research constantly drove Sudhir to worry about his actions should he sees any harm coming to others.
It served as a good reminder to me, really.
I have always been thinking about how I want to investigate crazy stuffs, crazy stuffs that are of course, uncommon among common knowledge. Yeh, that part of sentence is probably redundant. Laugh out loud.
When I was researching on universities that I would like to apply to through UCAS, I refreshed myself on my preferred subject as well. If not, the subject which I am most passionate about.
I came across confidential projects or scientific studies carried out by military or professors, all of which rose questionable moral ethics.
It was definitely fascinating to carry them out in order to observe consequences or results one can only speculate before the experiments were done.
However, was it the right thing to do?
Eventually, most of the projects or experiments were shut down as pressured by humane concerns.
So Sudhir realized.
The boundary was murky.
I respect his perseverance.
Think about the emotions you would have to go through when you, have developed relationships in any kind with just anybody. And when the two person, are from two different universe.
Can you handle it?
Or have you already made up your mind?
Finis.
Reading it, made me depressed.
It was sad to know of the situation of the poor tenants in the public housing projects, but was still unable to do anything to help.
The events occurred over a duration of ten years ago; now the buildings were all demolished.
The gang life was interesting indeed, however, anything will of course, come at a price. It was certainly not a pretty scenery.
I bought the book, because it was exactly something that I had imagined myself doing.
Imagined myself doing fieldwork, carrying out research and collecting data from real life.
I am probably a little bit of a situationist.
But, how far can I really go? That is, should I be able to do my dissertation in university one day.
Towards the end of the book, legal issues arose while conducting research constantly drove Sudhir to worry about his actions should he sees any harm coming to others.
It served as a good reminder to me, really.
I have always been thinking about how I want to investigate crazy stuffs, crazy stuffs that are of course, uncommon among common knowledge. Yeh, that part of sentence is probably redundant. Laugh out loud.
When I was researching on universities that I would like to apply to through UCAS, I refreshed myself on my preferred subject as well. If not, the subject which I am most passionate about.
I came across confidential projects or scientific studies carried out by military or professors, all of which rose questionable moral ethics.
It was definitely fascinating to carry them out in order to observe consequences or results one can only speculate before the experiments were done.
However, was it the right thing to do?
Eventually, most of the projects or experiments were shut down as pressured by humane concerns.
So Sudhir realized.
The boundary was murky.
I respect his perseverance.
Think about the emotions you would have to go through when you, have developed relationships in any kind with just anybody. And when the two person, are from two different universe.
Can you handle it?
Or have you already made up your mind?
No comments:
Post a Comment